15.1.12

Yesterday

... was amazing! I ended up helping out for a little while at my best friends garage sale and to cut the story short, she is basically trying to raise $500 to donate clean water to Haiti. If you care to help, it will be greatly appreciated, then click the link above and read all about it! After I left her house I picked up another friend of mine and we headed to the Pinecrest Gardens Art Festival where we walked around the gardens, surrounded by nature and all kinds of art. 
Once we walked the full festival we walked back to my house, made sandwiches, filled our water bottles up and hit the road once again. We made a quick side stop at our local fruit stand to pick up some smoothies, guacamole, bean salsa, and tasty gluten free chips. Back on the road we were headed toward our destination: The Cemetery... also known as Pinewood (Cocoplum) Cemetery. 
We found a hidden bench and enjoyed our meal there and afterwards we walked the cemetery reading each tombstone and the history of Pinewood. It is such a cool story, my friend and I were fascinated and quite frankly outraged by what the cemetery had been through but we were happy to have spent time there and learn appreciatively about it. 
After the cemetery we basically drove around South Miami enjoying the day. It really was perfect. I hope you all had a wonderful day as well and that today goes just the same! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home